The DeskNet Systems Administrator position is responsible for maintaining and supporting day-to-day company-wide IT activities. The successful candidate is comfortable working independently and supporting team members in person and over the phone.
IT Systems Duties:
- Regular exposure to business stakeholders and executive management
- Support for all desktop issues such as hardware, software, printer, email and network connectivity issues
- Administer Windows Active Directory
- Communicate with third party vendors to resolve issues
- Network and server monitoring
- Perform and document business continuity testing
- Provide help desk support and respond to situations as needed
- Responsible for the planned shutting down and booting up of company-wide network, servers, systems, etc. as needed
- Prioritize tasks and work independently, yet interacts well within a project-oriented team environment.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- Documentation of current and future configuration processes and policies
- Troubleshoot problems with hardware, software, network, and security administration.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills utilized in supporting non-technical and technical customers, varying levels of management, and peers on other teams
- Strong Desktop Technical Skills
- Experience with Windows & Linux
- Has worked directly with, and supported the following:
- LAN/WAN, DNS, DHCP
- Routing, Firewall, Networking Shares, Backups processing
- Installing and supporting Cloud environments (OpenStack, AWS, etc)
- Email server solutions, Auto-virus solutions, Deployment methods and strategies